Gestapo Interrogation Transcripts: Professor Kurt Huber and Falk Harnack.
English translation of NJ1704, Volumes 2 and 7 for Kurt Huber and Falk Harnack, including interrogations, clemency proceedings, and (for Kurt Huber) execution documents. Of special interest: The manner in which the Gestapo played the two men against one another by taking excerpts from Huber's interrogations to try to rattle Harnack, and vice versa.
These volumes are especially valuable for historians examining the paradoxes and contradictions of German resistance during the Holocaust. On the one hand, Kurt Huber clearly defined his political view as anti-Hitler but in strong favor of National Socialism. On the other, Falk Harnack defended his pro-democracy, pro-Soviet beliefs.
Just when you think you have it all figured out...
This volume contains:
- Arrest order, Kurt Huber, March 22, 1943
- Correspondence from Attorney-at-Law Deppisch, April 15, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, April 16, 1943
- Justizrat Roder correspondence re Huber, April 15, 1943
- Telex dated April 16, 1943 regarding Huber's defense counsel
- Inquiry regarding past crimes, Falk Harnack, April 12, 1943
- Alexander Schmorell statement regarding Kurt Huber, February 26, 1943
- Report regarding search, Kurt Huber, February 28, 1943
- Detailed curriculum vitae, Kurt Huber, undated
- Kurt Huber questionnaire (intake form) and interrogation, February 27, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, March 1, 1943
- Note to files re Kurt Huber, March 2, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, March 2, 1943
- Note to files re Kurt Huber, March 3, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, March 4, 1943
- Determination regarding Kurt Huber, March 6, 1943
- Kurt Huber discharge from employment as civil servant, March 4, 1943
- Certificate of receipt, March 6, 1943
- Political confession, Kurt Huber, March 8, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, March 10, 1943
- Determination regarding Kurt Huber, March 11, 1943
- Kurt Huber interrogation, March 19, 1943
- Warrant for arrest, Kurt Huber, March 25, 1943
- Prison transfer, Kurt Huber, March 24, 1943
- Handwritten note regarding files, July 13, 1943
- Visit request regarding Kurt Huber, May 19, 1943
- Telegram, April 22, 1943
- Visit request regarding Kurt Huber, April 20, 1943
ISBN (print version): 978-1-956508-13-0. Printed on acid-free, paper. 47 pages. Ships in 24-48 hours.
ISBN (digital version): 978-1-956508-14-7.
Translation © 2004, 2008.