Gestapo Interrogation Transcripts: Gisela Schertling and Katharina Schüddekopf. Translated by Ruth Hanna Sachs.
English translation of ZC13267 Volume 15 for Gisela Schertling and Katharina Schüddekopf.
Fascinating juxtaposition of two women who could not have been more different. Gisela Schertling betrayed everyone in the circle of White Rose friends, including those who were on the fringe of the fringe. Her testimony, while disastrous for anyone she knew, provides extraordinary insight into the inner workings of the group.
Katharina, on the other hand, played the expected Nazi role of a young woman too naive and silly to bother her head with politics. In so doing, she covered well for friends never indicted.
This volume contains:
- Criminal records information, Gisela Schertling, April 17, 1943
- Arrest record, Gisela Schertling, April 6, 1943
- Gisela Schertling questionnaire (intake form) and interrogation, February 18, 1943
- Gisela Schertling interrogation, February 24, 1943
- Excerpt from Hans Hirzel interrogation, March 11, 1943
- Gisela Schertling interrogation, March 29, 1943
- Falk Harnack interrogation, March 30, 1943
- Alexander Schmorell interrogation, March 30, 1943
- Gisela Schertling interrogation, March 31, 1943
- Gisela Schertling interrogation, April 1, 1943
- Gisela Schertling interrogation, April 2, 1943
- Gisela Schertling's curriculum vitae, undated
- Interview of Paul and Lotte Schertling, April 2, 1943
- Report from Weimar Gestapo regarding Gisela Schertling, March 30, 1943
ISBN: 978-0-9822984-2-8. Printed on acid-free paper. Ships in 3-4 weeks.